Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Quarter Blues


Pre-nursing Hump





I am in Spring Quarter.. and I officially have the pre-nursing blues.  I have one more pre requisite course after this quarter for my sciences and then I am done.. ready to apply to Nursing school.  2 years have almost passed since I began and it will be one quarter more than two years from starting pre-reqs before I will get in.  If I get in.. and I still have many miles to travel to get in.  Once I get in, IF I get in, then I have three more years until my BSN is completed.  I will be 46 when that happens.  What was I thinking? 

Things have changed, I was supposed to be able to apply for Fall, but they changed the rules.. just last week, so now I am having to do a “dead” quarter.  The up side.. it won’t really be a dead quarter since I have Honors course work I can do and I can study for the TEAS exam, and I can maybe breathe a little more.. and look for a job that I can do really, really part time, and I can catch up on some housework that won’t get done for 3 years.  I can spend some time with the kid since he will be a Senior in high school.  I could do my laundry that quarter, that might be cool.

I joke.. a bit, but this quarter has me acting like a Wanker a bit.  I have slacked in my studying, I bombed a math test, and I have even not studied at all for one test and got a B.. and I am ashamed of myself, but yet, I continue to act like a wanker.  I have however, vowed to stop being a wanker and to turn over a fresh leaf before it is too late.  I am two exams down in Physiology and Stats, so it is not too late.  I have three left.  I did get an A on my first Physiology exam.. but I care about that class since it is the one that counts for nursing school.  Honors nutrition and Statistics aren’t really giving me any excitement, so I will have to make up some.  This blog is about to transition into a blog about Physiology, and then Microbiology, and then some more Chemistry and a little Sociology for good measure.  I may throw in a bit of World Music over the summer as well.

After Fall quarter.. I  really hope that this blog turns into the adventures of a non- traditional nursing student.

This was taken last Sunday on my first hike of the season with a very good friend of mine.  It was a fabulous day and reminded me of why I live where I live!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails