Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgivings

This time of year is emotional for me.  Having lost both of my parents, and my late husband, and his parents, our family is much smaller.  My older siblings do their own thing for the holidays and only my younger sister is coming for Turkey day.  My childhood and past adult memories are all of pretty traditional things and consist of some pretty memorable holidays.  I miss my family that is no longer here something fierce this time of year.

I also think about what I am blessed with and what I am thankful for.

I am married now to a pretty darn wonderful guy.

That guys parents are truly amazing and so much fun.  They are here visiting right now and will be with us for Thanksgiving.  This is the first time they have spent Turkey day with their son since he moved away from Alaska 12 years ago.  We are all very thankful and happy they are here with us.

My friends will be coming for Thanksgiving.  My niece (quasi-grandaughter) will be with us.  My boys will both be here with us. 

I am cooking my mother's recipes and that always helps me to feel close to her.

We have a wonderful new house to entertain in.

Both of us have wonderful jobs and good income.

The boys are healthy and happy and my youngest got a 100.5% on his test today..

And... My mother-in-law is going to help me set up my sewing machine and get me going this weekend.. and for that, I will be eternally grateful as that was something that was in my mom and grandmother's domains.

I am brining a turkey tonight.. I am looking forward to see what happens with that!

I will hopefully be taking some pictures of things as I prep them and cook them tomorrow.  My camera has been dead and I need to charge it up tonight and get back to photos and posting regularly.

What are you all experiencing this holiday season?

Happy Thanksgiving.. Stay Safe, Warm and Stuffed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails