Tuesday, August 18, 2009

There is no crying in Real Estate

My DH made our mortgage person cry. He can be extremely blunt and to the point, and she took it to heart and was crying when he called her back. It has to do with our loan lock and the fact that we are stuck having to do 7 day locks instead of a 30 day lock. He and I are NOT mortgage or finance people so we are not sure why we have to play the banks game with this. The part of this that really chaps our hide is that she is trying to imply that the bank will feel "bad" if we don't continue with them.

Like we are supposed to have some sort of "bank guilt" if we don't continue with this particular lender since they have "gifted" us a week free of loan lock this week. (this is why she called in the first place). Since when do banks operate like the Sopranos?... we are obligated to this bank because they give us a free week of protection for our loan? Now we have to play their game??? He was understandably asking questions and she didn't have the answers we were looking for right away.

Long story short, we are keeping this loan this week, since we are talking to the sellers at the end of this week to see what we can do to get this wrapped up before I have a stroke. We are three weeks away from school starting and I really want to have Bubba registered so that he at least knows WHERE he will be attending his Freshman year.

My DH was reluctant to tell me that he made someone cry... and I pointed out that it is her job to take care of the borrowers, and she KNOWS that we have been totally screwed over with Real Estate this summer, AND... she has talked to you enough to know your personality when things don't make sense.. plus.. there is no crying in Real Estate.. it is business.. and she should probably get a little thicker skin to be in that business. Real Estate is emotional enough with all of the drama involved in a regular transaction, not to mention what we have been through.. and I still haven't cried over it. I have dropped some choice phrases, but I haven't cried.

I know that after this is over, and I am sitting in my tiny living room this winter, reading a book in front of the nice cozy wood stove, I will probably laugh so hard at our predicament that I might cry.. but right now I am far too focused on the end result to cry.. and I am sure that at some point it will overwhelm me and I might cry.. but not today.. today I am focused on work, and going to visit my Beau after work and start to pack up the crap I don't need at the barn. My horse will be and has been the balm to my frazzled nerves, and when I get overwhelmed, I go see my horse. I got emailed a great list today and I will share it here for any of you that happen to ride and or love horses.. you will "get it".. for all others.. sorry.. horse people are crazy.. good crazy mostly, but crazy none the less.

10 Exercises to becoming a better Equestrian!


10. Drop a heavy steel object on your foot. Don't pick it up right away. Shout, "Get off, Stupid, GET OFF!"

9. Leap out of a moving vehicle and practice "relaxing into the fall." Roll lithely into a ball and spring to your feet.

8. Learn to grab your checkbook out of your purse and write out a $200 check without even looking down.

7. Jog long distances carrying a halter and a carrot. Go ahead and tell the neighbors what you are doing - they might as well know now.

6. Affix a pair of reins to a moving freight train and practice pulling to a halt. Smile as if you are having fun.

5. Hone your fibbing skills: "See hon, moving hay bales is FUN!" and "No, really, I'm glad your lucky performance and multimillion dollar horse won the blue ribbon. I am just thankful that my hard work and actual ability won me second place."

3. Borrow the US Army's slogan: Be All That You Can Be -- bitten, thrown, kicked, slimed, trampled, frozen...

2. Lie face down in a puddle of mud in your most expensive riding clothes and repeat to yourself, "This is a learning experience, this is a learning experience, this is ..."

1. THE NUMBER ONE EXERCISE TO BECOME A BETTER EQUESTRIAN: Marry money.

I really really should have done #1

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails