Thursday, January 07, 2010

Distractions

I love a good distraction.. and I also love shopping.

I have been wanting a certain large purchase for many years.  As in.. 4 to be exact.  Since I got Beau. 

I have been wanting my own horse trailer for some time.  But other things have always gotten in the way.. and  I have always had access to transportation when I needed it.. but any horse owner will tell you.. it is just not the same as having your own.

This last year, my MacGyver realized I would need one when Beau came home.. so I started looking.. and he had questions.. many questions.  Because of the way we are financially.. a horse trailer is NOT something that I can buy on credit.. NO financing.. so we have to be able to pay for it out of pocket.  Also.. I am a little picky.

I want a 2 horse slant load, matted, padded trailer with interior lights, a walk in dressing room, newer, that is shiny and has new brakes and bearings, good floor, and is very very safe!  Oh.. and for about 5k.. hahahahahahahahah... those deals are few and far between... and don't last long. 

So imagine my surprise when a gal on my meetup group listed her 2004 Morgan Built 2 horse slant with drop down feeder windows and all the bells and whistles???  I called my DH and asked him if we could go and get it.. look at it, and he agreed.  So tonight I am going to get my Horse Trailer... I can hardly contain myself.  I am so thrilled..

What is the catch??? I had to make a deal with MacGyver.. that I wouldn't ask him for another horse for at least a year...LOL.. that was an easy deal to make.. since he slipped up.  He has been saying NO MORE HORSES ever.. and now he just opened the door.. Silly Silly Husband..

I feel like the luckiest girl right now.. Barn, Covered Arena, and Horse Trailer.. WOWSER!  I just might be able to get out and trail ride this year.

Here are a couple of pics.. I sure hope I don't jinx this by posting!


2 comments:

small farm girl said...

Wow that's great! I looks like a good one. I always tell Hubby that I want a good horse trailer. We just have a puny stock trailer now.

Lori E said...

Silly husband. Lol.
It sounds like things are coming together.
I just left the blog At The Farm. She is a beginner rider and is very excited.
You two have a lot in common.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails