Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Supplies

Since I am getting close to bringing the Beau Monster home.. I am starting to make my list of items that I need to have at home for my barn and arena.

For me.. I have to decide what I need to have and what is on my wish list for later. There are those things you can't do without, and things that would be nice to have, but would not fall into the HAVE to HAVE category.

What I feel I need:

Corner Feeder (this is for supplements and grain)
Water Bucket
Cross Ties (for the aisle, so I can get him ready)
Stall Mats
Bedding (I use pellets)
Hay (I would like to have 3 months of Hay to start with)
Triple Crown (2 bags at least to get me started)
Muck Bucket
Stall Picker
Plastic Shovel
2 Garbage cans (the metal kind with lids)
Tack Room Door
Arena Footing (I am starting with Sand and Sawdust)
Mounting Block
Hose
Hot Tape and Energizer for temporary paddocks and Arena
Two Gates for the arena

Did I forget anything???

Here is my wishlist:

Mirrors for the arena
Dressage letters
Cones
Trot Poles
Beadboard for my tackroom
Chairs, lamps, counter and cabinets for the tack room
second stall completed...
Wash rack and mats completed
Matted and concreted aisle
Concrete in the feed room with sliding doors on the feed room
Compost bin for manure
Yard Cart
Trailer for my lawnmower to move poo around
an Arena Drag/Harrow
Tractor (a large one..)
Hot water tank
Gravel all the way around the outside of the arena
Paddocks finished and fenced
Pastures fenced
Trees cut up and moved out of the pastures
a new job that allows me to work from home
winning the lottery!

I think that covers it for now.. I could keep going, but the last one really sums it up.

4 comments:

Lori E said...

Good grief I didn't get that much stuff together to bring my babies home from the hospital when they were born. Lol.
I hope this horse knows how much trouble you are all going to for him.

small farm girl said...

I know how you feel. There is so much to do when you want to do it right.

Gail said...

That is quite a list! I didn't know all of that was needed for horses and I have four.

When he comes home, be sure and share lots of photos.

Anonymous said...

Thank you ;-) you should look at this emo boy one on this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails